Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pesto is definitely the best-o!

Tonight I made my very own pesto...sans recipe!  The one little plant in my window garden is a basil plant.  Tonight I blended about a cup of those leaves, along with 4 cloves of garlic (3 might have been a little better), 1/4 cup of feta cheese.  Once all this was pureed and crumbly, I turned the food processor on full power and streamed in what was somewhere between 1/4 cup and 1/3 cup olive oil--just enough to bind everything together and make it creamy.

Next I cooked a pot of about 8 oz of pasta, drained it (except for 1/4 cup of pasta water) and then put it back in the pot.  I added in the pesto and bit of water and mixed.  Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!

1 comment:

Free said...

I'm sure it was way yummy, but I'm finding that picture moderately disturbing. Kinda looks like that slime stuff you used to be able to get out of gumball machines. Or ectoplasm a la' Ghostbusters ;)