Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Homemade Popcorn

I'm sitting here at my desk eating my 10:00 a.m. snack.  Today it's homemade popcorn.  I am in love with homemade popcorn.  We started making it again (vs microwaved popcorn) because the BF said store bought microwaved popcorn was too salty.  Here's a pic of the last kernels of my snack today.

Here's how we make it:  In a medium pot that's made of a heavier metal (or really in any sauce pot you have) add 1-2 tbsp oil (enough to eventually cover the bottom).  When I use the 5 quart pan, I use 3 tbsp oil, but never more than that.  Add in 1 kernel of white or yellow corn.  I prefer white.  Don't ask me why because I really couldn't tell you.  Put the heat on medium (around 6 on my stove).  When the one kernel pops, add in enough kernels to cover the bottom of the pan.  Put the lid on.  When everything starts popping, shake occasionally and allow to continue popping until the popping slows way down.  If I can count to 3 without hearing a pop, I take it off the heat.  Add as much salt as you like, parmesan cheese, cinnamon...whatever you like, and enjoy!

No comments: