Friday, April 15, 2011

The Voodoo Biker Takes over the Kitchen

Yesterday was the Voodoo Biker's (formerly known as the BF) day off. That meant he was in charge of dinner. Let me tell you, if I had a daughter I would tell her to find a man who can cook. It. Is. Awesome. Voodoo Biker has recipes and tricks up his sleeve that I'd never be able to replicate, so I don't even try. My latest favorite is his oven-fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
Voodoo Biker coats boneless, skinless chicken breasts in egg, then coats them in a mix of bread crumbs and flour.  He browns both sides in the cast-iron skillet on top of the stove, then cooks the chicken in the oven (obviously in the same pan) for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.  It's SO good.

This is all he'll tell me about his mashed potatoes:  Make sure you cook the potatoes long enough.  Add milk, butter, and sour cream.

I was in charge of the asparagus.  After breaking off the tough ends, I coated them with about 1 tbsp olive oil, sprinkled on coarse salt and blue cheese crumbles, and roasted them at 400 for 20 minutes.  Then I added a splash of balsamic viniagrette.  


What an awesome dinner. Sure I had to do the dishes (that's the rule...whoever doesn't cook, does the dishes), but it was SO worth it. Oh, Voodoo Biker serves the chicken with an awesome honey-mayo dip. Trust me, it's fabulous. If you are averse to mayo, honey mustard would be great too ;)

No comments: