Monday, July 18, 2011

1 ingredient - 3 recipes

     Have you guys tried this yet?  I bought some last week on a whim and used one container for 3 different recipes.  It's really good!  I try not to buy a lot of processed items, but hey, when can you ever go wrong with cream cheese?  Here's how I used it:

Rigatoni with sausage and creamy tomato sauce:  I added a large spoonful of the cooking creme to my tomato sauce to give it a creamier consistency and to change the taste up a little.

Pizza with turkey kielbasa and grilled artichokes:  For this one, I spread the cooking creme directly onto the pizza crust before I added any other sauce or ingredients.  I just used a little, but it definitely added flavor!

Pasta Primavera with roasted garlic and cream sauce:  Tonight I was looking for something to make that had very little acid...I wanted something comforting and not very spicy.  SO I cooked a box of penne pasta, sauteed some broccoli, the rest of the jar of grilled artichokes and the oil they were in, red pepper, onion, and roasted garlic.  I then added about 1/2 cup of the cooking creme and topped it all with toasted panko bread crumbs.  It was super!

I'm definitely a fan of the Philly Cooking creme - the Italian herb flavor at least.

2 comments:

Akisha said...

I used the southwest kind with some chicken, corn, tomatoes, and beans in the crockpot. I made big burritos from the mix after shredding the chicken

Jewels said...

Oh I am totally doing that! That's a great idea.