Friday, August 12, 2011

Bunk? Bun? BUNDTTTTTTTT

    Everytime I use a bundt pan, I do two things:  1. Tell myself to wait until the cake is completely cooled before I invert the cake pan.  2. Giggle over my favorite scene in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."  You can watch that scene here. 
     Impatient people should not use bundt pans.  Seriously, if you're like me and you cannot wait until the darn cake is completely 100% cooled before you try to flip it out of the bundt pan, do not use one.  The cake will still taste great if you use a 9x13 pan. 
     I made this Chocolate Pistachio cake again from a recipe I found on the Pioneer Woman's website.  Here's a link to it.  You can see from the picture that Ree (the Pioneer Woman) must be a patient person.  Then again, she's posting her pictures for millions to see and therefore wants her cake to look perfect.  I was bringing mine to work where I have lots of friends - they don't care how it looks as long as it's tasty :) 

1 comment:

Akisha said...

Mmmm...Have you ever used a product called Baker's Joy? If not, you need to try it. It's a non-stick spray that has flour in it. I am extremely impatient when it comes to flipping out cakes, but with this stuff, they can be flipped out as soon as they come out of the oven.