Friday, August 5, 2011

Pizza for Thought...

     Did you know that you can go to our local "Homestyle Bakery" and get pizza dough balls for a 12" pizza for only .99 cents?  I did not know this.  I knew they had pizza dough...or I had heard they did.  So today, since I'm cooking for 1 tonight, I stopped by to get some dough.  They had the cutest little balls of pizza dough!  Apparently they also have larger ones so you can make full-sized pizzas, but for 1, or for a "make-your-own-pizza" night with the the family and kids?  You can't beat .99 cents! So, here's the pizza I plan on making tonight...

     I haven't decided on a sauce yet.  It will either be a garlic olive oil sauce or tomato sauce.  Then I plan to top it with grilled artichokes (from a jar...I'm not that fancy with my pizza!), fresh spinach, mushrooms, and probably some onion.  Of course that will be topped off with mozzarella cheese.  I think that sounds pretty spectacular myself!

     What's your favorite pizza creation?

No comments: