Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Pioneer Woman's Spicy Beans

So, I made these spicy beans today.  Why?  Well why not?  I had a day where I was going to be home (that's right, I didn't go biking or hiking or to the gym today) and after reading about them on her website I was craving them!  Have I ever made beans from scratch before?  No.  Have I ever eaten them before?  I am sure I have at authentic Mexican restaurants where they cook black beans all day long...or at some soul food restaurant...but I have never had them from someone's home kitchen before that I can remember.  Still, I read the recipe and I had. to. make. them.  So here they are, simmering away...they're close to done, which is why the lid is off...

What's going with them you ask?  Fresh cooked Olathe sweet corn, tomatoes and cucumbers from the farm stand down in front of K-Mart and southern cornbread!  I am really, really, really excited about this meal.  Cooking beans from scratch does take more time and effort, but just to do once in a while when you have the time...especially in winter when you just want something warm and comforting...I say, why not?

1 comment:

Akisha said...

Can I come to dinner????