Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Really? This is a recipe?

While eating dinner tonight I noticed the recipe below on the back of the crouton box. Since my phone was closer than the digital camera I snapped a quick photo so I could share the ridiculousness that is this recipe. For real.


Now I know not everyone knows how to cook. I realize that. But who doesn't know how to throw some lettuce and carrots in a bowl and put dressing and croutons on it? Who needs a recipe for THAT?

What are your favorite salad ingredients? We like green leaf lettuce or baby spinach, carrots, sugar snap peas, frozen corn (defrosted of course) and walnuts. Sometimes I throw on avocado or marinated artichokes. Once in a while I'll add egg and maybe some ham or chicken. I make ranch dressing using a packet, light mayo and 2% milk. We LOVE salad, and never once have I used a recipe to make a BASIC green salad. Ever.

No comments: