Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why I don't eat mega burgers

It is 2:12 p.m. I have 2 hours and 48 minutes of work time left. My eyes are heavy, my fingers feel fat and sluggish and seem to be rebelling when I force them to use energy to punch keys on the keyboard. This is what they do when I don't use the backspace: See, I an sit here and type but they just seem to have a moind of their own. It's hard to yp and not correct yourself with the bacpace key too, butheway.

The reason for my food coma is this:

Oh yes, you recognize it don't you? You know the restaurant it came from. You know, like I do, that in this one burger is an entire day's worth of fat, calories, sodium...and you know you've had the craving and eaten your fair share. The food coma is exactly why I so rarely eat these burgers. I love the burger and yet I end up miserable all afternoon. In fact, I've taken to eating only at restaurants that do not cause me to experience the food coma.

It's burgers like this that contribute to childhood obesity! Ok, it's the parents who let their kids eat burgers like this every day of the week...or most days of the week. Burgers like this should be treats! For special occasions! Treat the mega burger like the giant piece of bacony, meaty goodness it is and use it sparingly.

Speaking of awesome treats, we just got these at work today:


According to the boss man they are: made of
recycled plastic, they are recyclable, and are BPA-free. Perhaps if I drink enough water I can flush the yummy but deadly burger toxins from my body!

No comments: