Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Remember Me

So I'm lying on the couch last night watching "Rules of Engagement" when I think to myself,  who's going to remember me?  I say to the BF, "you know...this is one reason to have kids.  Who's going to remember us when we die?"  The BF's very practical response?  "We won't care, we'll be dead."

He has a point.  Once we're dead we won't care who remembers us or if anyone ever says to themselves, "I wonder what Jewels would have thought about that?"  Maybe someone will say, "Remember that time Jewels painted the dog when she was a kid?"  Ha!  But probably not.  In reality, if we did have kids, they'd probably say things like, "Remember that time Mom and Dad tried to ride their mountain bikes with us strapped to their chests?"  Because that's what we'd try to do.  

No comments: